February 20, 2008

Typhoon Carmen

Filed under: Humor — mlah @ 1:38 am

Typhoon Carmen

so back in october of 2005, i weathered hurricane wilma in miami.

i was in a hotel on the south side of the airport. pretty much ground zero. i weathered the storm in my hotel, and then suffered through a loss of food establishments at a hooters.

that’s right. i survived hurricane wilma on hooters wings and buffalo shrimp.

so i’m here in hawaii (hint, hint, yup!)

and we just got hit by typhoon carmen.

PAY NO ATTENTION to the total lack of news coverage! there really is a typhoon. and it’s horrible!

i was trying to get home…. well to my hotel on “ala moana” park. and my car was blown into the harbor near the aloha towers. i nearly drowned!

but at the last minute, i managed to jump out of the car and got … well … racked on a bicycle rack. but i held on! i held on for dear life! i saw some poor midget go flying through the air. he was yelling all the way. but i no speakie hawaiian, so i don’t know what he was saying.

i tried to grab him. tried to help him onto the safety of the bike rack. but he was gone in a flash.

Sarah in Honolulu Hooters

i ducked a bus. and i got hit by i don’t know how much “FOD”. it just kept coming!

and then there was a break. the eye lighted over honolulu like a giant glass. let us see the sky. and then i felt a hand.

a hand touched me on the back. and i heard a voice beckoning me to safety. so i went to the voice.

and then i had dinner.

Sarah and myself in Honolulu Hooters

phew!

safe again!

1. Nice shirt.

Comment by medium john — February 20, 2008 @ 10:16 am

2. You look like a mischievous gnome. On holiday.

Comment by Gus — February 20, 2008 @ 7:57 pm

3. That shirt looks like something you bought at the one of about 400 ABC stores in Hawaii. Do your self a favor. Stop by Hilo Hatties. It’s not far from the Aloha Tower where you ate Hooters wings and shrimp. Hatties has way better shirts.

Comment by Aaron — February 20, 2008 @ 10:28 pm

4. i’ve seen hilo hatties! didn’t know what it was though, coulda been a car repair place for all i knew. i’ll stop in.

Comment by mlah — February 21, 2008 @ 12:04 am

5. Really — you need to burn that shirt at the next luau you attend!

I don’t envy your experiences with typhoons/hurricanes. The 3 years that I spent on Guam, I battles through — no lie — probably 15+ typhoons.

Comment by Terri — February 21, 2008 @ 8:33 am

6. Mrs Yup looked at your pic and said you’re getting old. And that Hooters chick looks young enough to be your daughter. Just thought I’d share…..

Don’t forget portugee sausage and sticky rice at McDs for breakfast, with POG juice. Tasty Korean BBQ for lunch. Kua Aina for dinner. Enjoy! And check out Duke’s!!!!

Comment by yup — February 21, 2008 @ 1:42 pm

7. Yummy! Wow. Thats some fresh looking meat. I hope you have found some time to tear those HI a*s’s asunder. Um, but definitely ditch the shirt. Sorry.

Comment by Roxanne — February 21, 2008 @ 9:20 pm

8. all y’all trashing my shirt! that is a tommy bahama shirt and it rocks!

Comment by mlah — February 21, 2008 @ 9:46 pm

9. Wild man! I’ve sat at that very bar like a dozen times. Also, I like the shirt, but I’m a dude.

Comment by Mark — March 10, 2008 @ 9:01 pm