February 12, 2008

Piercings II

Filed under: Humor — mlah @ 4:51 am

Labret Piercing

so almost 4 years ago i did a post on piercings.

i included a few pics of some random girls a found on the internet. i didn’t know any of the girls or take any of the pics.

i basically said lay off the plethora of piercings. one is cool. a few maybe. but there is a point of overdoing it.

i got a few comments on the post. in the first month. 5. i got 5 comments basically.

but i gave those images titles of “piercings”. people search for that on the internet. lots. i get around 10 percent of my traffic from people searching google images for pics of piercings.

cool with me.

but i STILL get comments from these people. more than 40 now. can’t they read? don’t they realize they’re posting their little nastygram to someone who wrote this 4 years ago?

but on a side note. i foresee some kind of a post about piercings again. complete with pics. just to get some readers.

1. Curious, so went to look at your old post and all the comments you’ve received. Did you note that they were mainly by kids aged 13-17, or at last so they claimed? WTF???? I guess “I can do what I want with my body” is now the law for “adults” ages 12 and higher.

Comment by yup — February 12, 2008 @ 10:18 am

2. I personally like a few badass piercings here and there, as long as she can pull it off. I wouldn’t date a girl who was covered in them though, I like respectable girls best ๐Ÿ˜‰

Comment by medium john — February 12, 2008 @ 11:21 am

3. well, i’ve got the best story, but i’m waiting until tomorrrow to actually post it. i’m in a hotel in north carolina & the internet connection in the room sucks so i’m using the lobby computer & there are douchebags standing over me.
    lame.

Comment by callie — February 12, 2008 @ 12:19 pm

4. Oh yeah, bonus points if you can come up with a picture of a piercing that I haven’t seen before.

Comment by medium john — February 12, 2008 @ 5:39 pm

5. It doesn’t matter what age people are, everyone can do whatever they want with there bodies, just because its meaningless to you doesn’t mean it is to everyone else. And you CAN actually have quite a few piercings and still look respectable. Ive got 13 and they’re respectable its all about how you play them off. So next time any of you kind of decide to make a wonderful broad judgment, use your brains.

Comment by sobczuk — July 19, 2009 @ 1:40 am

6. This is a great post because I found it by looking up labret piercings… ๐Ÿ˜‰

Yes, I am considering getting a labret in the center (that’s below your lip) but that’s probably the only facial piercing I’d get, ears not included… I think that’s acceptable, especially since I’m not one of those punk-ass kids or hardcore or anything.

We need to express ourselves, that’s one thing that’s of key importance in Y2K generations, but there is a line that should be drawn. Usually, people only consider the “cool” or “oomph” factors when getting a piercing or tattoo, not the other things. It’s too bad that in health class they don’t have a section on piercings. If us kids were more educated, I think there’d be less piercings.

And that’d be better. I mean, I’m tired of feeling pissed off any time I see someone with their faces all robotic and pierced up. What is being proven anymore?

Comment by thatcrowd — December 22, 2010 @ 3:15 am

7. I like piercings, but it really depends on what jewellery you wear in them. Like, if you have a nose, eyebrow and lip piercing and you wear really stand-out jewellery in all of them then you’ll look scary.

I’m getting a labret piercing ๐Ÿ˜€