October 22, 2005

Whoop Dat Ass!

every once in a while, kids just need a good tanning.

and no. i’m not talking about the fun kind of spankings. i actually thought i might find a pic of a spanking on google.some little kid running form a belt wielding mom. those pictures aren’t on google. don’t google spanking in the images section.

what do y’all think about spanking your kids?

it’s a pretty controversial subject. new age thought is that you have to sit down your kids and reason with them. that spanking your kids is tantamount to assault, and that parents should be jailed, or kids taken away if they are spanked.

i dated a couple of norwegian girls in spain….. they were there for the summer….. and they pretty much had the new age philosophy down. one didn’t. then student and now Dr Lund had graduated high school as a foreign exchange student in the north dakota.

she understood the concept of ‘whoop dat ass’.

back when i worked for trw, i worked with this guy who i won’t name, but his initials are DARRYL THOMAS. he used to joke about starting a school for white people who needed to know how to whoop dat ass. i assured him my parents know (my mom threatened to spank my last time i was home, “you’re not too big, ya know!”) how to administer the attitude adjustment.

darryl, who happened to be black, claimed that in general, white people needed a little help with their kids. he used as a case study, his personal observations while standing in line at banks.

he claimed that a ‘sideways look from momma’, and shaniqwa stood up straight! stopped everything she was doing and would patiently try to figure what her offensive behavior was. so that she could stop.

but not so with little white kids. they’re swinging from the velvet ropes. and any kind of complaining, or outright threats from parents would go unheeded.

i have to agree with him. my own personal observations led me to the same conclusions.

and the school of whoop dat ass worked with me. and no, i never deserved it.

my dad sentg me this video today. tight click and save please. my server doesn’t like streaming video. and plus, if you save it, you can email it on.

WhoopDatAss!

1. Spanking should not be looked upon as a bad thing by society, but there is a difference between abusing your children and spanking them.
    This video is hilarious…guess what’s going around my office this week…lol.

Comment by Blondie — October 22, 2005 @ 8:02 pm

2. Yeah, sometimes kids need it. My parents didn’t spank me as a child, I was just afraid of them, but then again kids these days are just terrible. I do my best while teaching, using pushups as the spanking equivalent, and you know what? It works. Here’s another opinion:

Comment by medium john — October 23, 2005 @ 3:14 pm

3. very funny john

Comment by mlah — October 23, 2005 @ 3:47 pm

4. Spanking works for a while on younger children. As they get older, the psychological warfare becomes a better weapon. I support spanking, but a parent also needs to be able to recognize when it’s no longer a tool.

Comment by Madame Butterfly — October 23, 2005 @ 7:29 pm

5. ummm…. Mme B, I think psychological warfare is banned under Geneva accords as “torture.” Same, of course, as with the physical abuse that spanking is (regardless of severity or frequency, Blondie, come on, you should know this!). Parents should have no rights to administer torture to their children. Where’s Gus to decry al y’all’s advocacy of torture?

Comment by yup — October 24, 2005 @ 10:01 am

6. Dude torture kicks ass, haven’t you ever seen 24?

Comment by medium john — October 24, 2005 @ 11:46 am

7. As your children grow older, you find yourself thinking of ways to punish them that drive the point home, i.e., taking away the computer, grounding them, etc.) That is the type of psychological warfare I’m talking about. Spanking lasts a second, and the pain is over. You have to revert to mental tactics.

Of course, there is a mild physical version. For example, last year we moved into our house. My daughter would not stop running up and down the stairs on all fours. (A habit that we couldn’t break for a year) One day, I asked her 3 times to stop. Literally these 3 times were within a 5 minute period. The 3rd time I warned her I’d make her run the stairs for 5 minutes. Not even 2 minutes later she’s pounding up and down the stairs on all fours again. I set the timer on the microwave, and she ran for 5 minutes.

She now walks the stairs on two legs. I didn’t have to spank her. I used the very thing she wouldn’t quit doing, and made it unappealing to her. Spanking wouldn’t have accomplished that. And truth be told, I should have done it much sooner than I did.

That is parental psychological warfare.

Comment by Madame Butterfly — October 25, 2005 @ 8:02 pm

8. Mme B, yuo just made my point. You forced that little innocent to do something against her will, and for your own nefarious purposes. You included physical exertion in the mental mind molding, thus merging psychological manipulation with physical abuse. Guilty as charged! You should be made to appear before a UN tribunal! War crimes!!!!!

Comment by yup — October 26, 2005 @ 4:11 am

9. if they act up beat the shit out of the little fuckers… LOL… they will learn fast, trust me, I DID!!!!

Comment by CT — October 28, 2005 @ 7:29 pm

10. I wish all may see this good blog and get benefit from it…i know and can understand your views…Hmm

Don Lapre Zach
    webmaster@donlaprejones.com

Comment by Don Lapre Zach — January 30, 2007 @ 3:07 am

11. Whooping does nothing for the child whatsoever. All it does is make them fear the parents, which i am telling you, is not a good thing. Whooping/spanking should be made illegal in America…. and also what i don’t get is the people who say “I do it out of love” How can you beat someone out of love? it doesn’t make any sense

Comment by Bianca — March 4, 2010 @ 8:56 pm

12. how nice of you to swoop in 5 years after the post and issue comprehensive rulings your highness. really? every single kid on the planet responds exactly the same? you don’t think some would fear the spanking? and rationalize that the action which resulted in the spanking should be avoided? history says you are incorrect bianca.

there are so many things worse than spankings. like “time-out” which just teaches kids they can do anything without substantive consequences.

Comment by mlah — March 8, 2010 @ 12:58 am