November 15, 2004

Suspenders

Filed under: Martial Arts — mlah @ 10:48 pm

Some random photo

can y’all believe i have another belt test already?

friday night, 6-8 pm, i test for red/black belt.

i don’t know what to think of it. i mean, at my old school i was already eyeing black belt. well, i was a red belt and just training up for the black belt test. 1 more form, and a lot of stamina were my only real obstacles. there was some other stuff too, but the stamina, and knuckle push-ups were all that was scaring me.

so now, i’m testing again. and it puts me one belt shy of black.

they noted i wasn’t excited when they gave me the invitation to the belt test.

i didn’t know what that was. i was about half convinced i was going to have to run a gauntlet, and had the deer in the headlights look i’m sure.

but it was ok. just a piece of paper and no beating.

i don’t know what to expect on this test really. except for sparring.i think i know who i’ll spar already. his name is bobby, he’s 6′ 3″ tall and around 300#. 3rd dan black belt. i haven’t sparred him yet.

oh, they give you the belt on the spot too. no waiting for repeats of failed items.

i’ll let y’all know.

and for a nice little flash thing, check out this link. it is NOT SAFE FOR WORK! and you girls may not want to watch it.

but then again maybe you do.

oh, and a good friend of mine discovered his girlfriend is a hooker. we’re talking springer calibre intrigue here.

1. OMG Good luck on your test!!!! I’m taking my first test this week. I already passed the practice tests, this one is just a formality…but you know as well as I do that a 3 year old can pass the white belt test. Especially since a lot of places give you the frikkin white belt and don’t test you til you’re ready for white stripe. Sheesh!

Knuckle push ups? Yikes! What about the 1000 punches?

Comment by Kristie — November 15, 2004 @ 11:24 pm

2. they’re testing you already? man… ah well, I’m sure you can do it. what are the requirements? i don’t undersatand what is in between red and black? meh, oh well. good luck!

Comment by medium john — November 16, 2004 @ 3:37 pm

3. red/black is between red and black. i’ll take a picture of the belt.

and yeah, i feel weird about it too.

Comment by mlah — November 16, 2004 @ 5:22 pm

4. Best of luck, man. Yeah, send pictures!

Comment by og — November 16, 2004 @ 8:29 pm

5. well duh, red/black is in-between red and black, I was saying that there shouldn’t be anything there, just red, and then black.

Comment by medium john — November 16, 2004 @ 10:43 pm

6. yeah. they have 10 belts here.

Comment by mlah — November 17, 2004 @ 2:02 am

7. Well, you know, I wish you all the luck in the world.

Of course, it’s probably better being on the other end of the stick because they would get to set the pace. Make sure you set it though and get that belt!

Comment by Welsh Witch — November 17, 2004 @ 2:32 pm

8. good luck dude!!!!!

Comment by kiddo — November 18, 2004 @ 4:48 pm

9. GOOD LUCK!!

Comment by blondie — November 18, 2004 @ 9:38 pm

10. so did you pass?

Comment by mark — November 19, 2004 @ 11:59 pm

11. whoa. anything past a D and I’m already grossed out. that last one? holy shit. she’s gotta have a hell of a backache.

Comment by girl — November 22, 2004 @ 10:59 am