mlah The culture that has evolved here isnt conducive to sissies

October 22, 2004

Housewives

Filed under: Politics — mlah @ 2:13 am

Be Afraid, be very afraid!

john f-in kerry’s wife showed her ass the other day.

she tried to slam laura bush.

she made the offhanded, and just butt ugly comment that the 1st lady had never even held a real job. despite years as a school teacher. i know i was hell on my teachers, so i’m sure she earned her money. she was also a librarian.

i hope women were paying attention.

this is the kind of bull that the left is spraying as truth.

now, the real assholish comment that teh-RAY-zuh made is that she thinks a woman staying home and raising a family is not work. my mom worked. my sisters work. a big chunk of my bosses have been women.

but there are still a lot who stay at home and mind the house.

that’s work.

since my mom worked, i got chores. chores i was paid for doing. and not paid for when i didn’t do them.

i have cleaned clothes. vacuumed. the whole lot. a few of my girlfriends can even attest to the fact that i can cook. quite well actually.

i attribute a lot of those skills to my working mom.

i think teh-RAY-zuh needs to get rid of the domestic staff for say, around a year. then get back to us on whether or not keeping a home is work.

bitch

EXTRAS: the girl in the pick comments here as ‘blondie’ and sometimes as ‘zoomie’. she’s in baghdad right now. and she’s a mother too.

gussy, take a look around the pic at the ethnicities you see in the pic, please.

i get my house in a week. the garage door opener is in, the water softener system is in. they were getting ready to lay the sprinkler system, and the sod. the interior is pretty much finished except for some minor details here and there.

i’ve had mexican food for lunch every day this week!

1. Having been a career woman, and now sweating as a stay-at-home mom-I much prefer the ease of working a job!

I hope a lot of women were listening, especially as women are being targeted as the crucial vote for the election.

BEEEEEYOOOOOTTTCCCHHHH!!!!!

Comment by Madame Butterfly — October 22, 2004 @ 3:39 pm

2. Come on, M’me B and Mlah. It’s only a smear, a tactic. It’s all designed to demonize the Republican candidates even more. All’s fair, when it comes from the Democrats.

Republicans try something similar, of course, and they will be crucified. Katie Courick and Dan Rather will be there to ensure that.

Comment by yup — October 23, 2004 @ 11:06 am

3. MLAH- thanks for paying tribute to the working mom, and posting my uber-cool pic!

By the way, I sent in my absentee ballot already, so I can officially say I voted this year. Yay!

Comment by blondie — October 26, 2004 @ 10:17 pm

4. American Conservative magazine can’t endorse Bush
    Y’all are always talking conservative ideas. Why does one of their editors endorse Kerry?

Comment by f-in_cheney — October 28, 2004 @ 7:01 am

5. uh, because he’s a liberal? there actually are liberals working in the conservative press. unlike the mmm, which hires only fascist pinko bastards.

Comment by mlah — October 28, 2004 @ 7:42 pm

6. F-in, did you read McConnell’s article in it’s entirety? If you have then you know why he won’t back Bush. If you haven’t, it is because McConnell believes that the GOP is in crisis and has strayed from ideals and positions of true conservatives. This position is held by many of us on the right. THe party has gone centrist, spends money that doesn’t need to be spent and only pays lip service to conservative ideas.

His support of Kerry in the election is based on his belief that a Kerry presidency will cause the GOP to search for its soul. It has nothing to do with Kerry’s many “plans”.

Is he right? Time will tell. In the meantime, have a pleasant samhain.

Comment by RojoXia — October 28, 2004 @ 11:48 pm

7. Yes, I read it and that’s exactly why I brought it up here– the Bushies straying far off the Conservative course, which I’ve suspected many of you around here adhere to. And to one writer, worth endorsing Kerry for.
    How do you all feel about this 380 tons of explosives?

Comment by f-in_cheney — October 29, 2004 @ 4:06 am

8. 380 tons… or 3 tons…. or no tons???? Was it really there? Is the IAEA being completely truthful with us today? And why, of all things, did the IAEA wait 18 months — a whole year and a half — to declare this some sort of crisis??? Could it be that the Iranian in charge of the IAEA wants to influence our presidential elections???? I think you need to stop and consider what it would take to “loot” such a vast quantity of explosives (and make sure of the “facts” of the matter rather than trusting to Dan Rather’s and the NYT’s journalistic so-called “integrity”), before you start touting JfK’s whole schtick on the issue here at Mlah’s place.

McConnell joins Yasser Arafat, Kim Chong-il, Saddam Hussein, et al, in endorsing JfK. Boston Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling endorsed W yesterday. That’s Red Sox, as in the team you were pulling for in the World Series, Gus. The team from Boston, JfK’s political power base. How you feel about that?

Hooray to Blondie! Thanks for going over to the great sandy desert in the service of freedom! How’s your hubby dealing?

Comment by yup — October 29, 2004 @ 8:06 am

9. Housewives: My mother was one and raised 4 sons and a daughter. My wife is one and is raising 2 daughters (God’s punishment for my misguided youth, Yup, are you listening?). Let Theresa come and try to raise my girls, there is no tougher job except for raising boys. No nannies, just her and the kids. Then we can talk real jobs.

Explosives: I have a few points.
    1. The loss of any explosives is regrettable.
    2. The full story is not yet in. We don’t really know quantity, quality, etc… Even NBC will not speculate.
    3. Can anyone really believe that under Saddam these explosives were “safe”? Given his penchant for training, aiding, and harbouring terrorists, it is more likely that he was doling the explosives out as he saw fit.
    4. If the IAEA “knew” they were missing 18 months ago, why did they wait until right before the election to bring it up to CNN and CBS (Rathergate)? It smells of election tampering.

Just some thoughts and questions…

Comment by RojoXia — October 29, 2004 @ 11:56 am

10. Yup-Thanks for your heart-felt appreciation and support. Hubby is doing fine in Al Udeid. We both miss our children, but we’re doing fine. Thanks for asking. 🙂

To this post–I have no doubt that raising kids at home for those who are stay-at-home moms is a tough job. I stayed at home with my oldest daughter when she was only 7 months old, and it was not easy. I did it for 8 months and then I joined the Air Force. But I think it wasn’t easy for me mostly because I like to socialize with people my own age most of the day, go to the gym and have some “me time”, and spend time with my kiddies and husband when I get home. I, personally, appreciate my time with them that much more, and I definitely don’t take it for granted.
    I totally respect other women who stay home with their children, just as much as I respect women (such as myself) who are out in the workforce.

One little rant on that subject though–I really don’t understand why some women who stay at home get so offended by comments referring to them “non-working” or “stay-at-home” as opposed to “working” moms. Those comments are generally not even meant to offend anyone, and shouldn’t be taken as such-in my humble opinion. It simply means you don’t get paid money for what you do. Don’t read into it so much! 🙂

Comment by blondie — October 29, 2004 @ 9:54 pm