August 24, 2004

The Wall

The Wall's Album Cover by Pink Floyd

i love pink floyd. but this post won’t be about music.

israel has taken it upon themselves to build a little wall. some people don’t like it.

fuck ’em

you see israel has this very real problem with bombs. they have a very disgruntled and determined people who want to kill them.

i’m not talking about ‘hating’ your neighbor, because they file false complaints against you with your landlord.

i’m talking about real hate, and a real desire to kill, and enslave.

human histroy is replete with tribal warfare. one tribe has very often tried to conquer another tribe. sometimes they were happy with a good conquering, maybe a few slaves for sacrifice, maybe a few for work or sex. but every now and again, someone has really tried to wipe out another tribe.

That was a bus

tamerlane (timur the lame) tried to do it to the georgians. you see, they were christian. and tamerlane had a thing for christians. so tamerlane tried to enslave, or kill ALL of the georgians.

the spanish conquistadors destroyed the carib tribe entirely. you see, they were cannibals. and needed killing. never heard of them? have no idea where they were? ever hear of the carribean?

the oni no longer live on their islands. the japanese invaded from the sea and took that shit over.

the celts at one time ranged from bohemia and the dalmatian coast to the po valley in italy, all of france (gaul) and spain, as well as britain and ireland. they got had by many.

I got a little sumthin for ya!

there are more.

of course, the nazis did a little dance too. there are those who would call the ‘holocaust’ a lie. no dude, those people died. 6 – 6.6 million. and the nazis were just getting going.

and there are still more than a few people who have first hand memories of what a human crematorium is like. i shudder at the thought.

people genuinely hate them. there are people who actually want all of the jews to die.and by proxy, israel.

i’m not going into the reasons for this hate. maybe in another blog. but not tonight.

so the u.n. tried prior to 1948 to reach an understanding between both the arabs, and the jews. it was cast away by the arabs. in the ensuing war for dominion of the land, the arabs (an alliance of palestinians, syrians, egyptians, jordanians, algerians, and iraqis) were defeated.

the jews won and set up israel. it’s their land.

most everybody acknowledges that now. the land they won in ’48 is israel. many arabs do not. the nation of syria is still technically at war with israel.

the hizballah, in lebanon has as it’s stated long term goal, ‘the destruction of the state of israel’. what do you think the lebanese have in store for the citizens of israel?

The wall near Jerusalem

it’s not a coke and a smile.

the arabs and israelis have fought a couple of wars since. israel has advanced. now the arabs (various parties) want their land back. they’ll be peaceful, just give them the land.

the israelis have endured cease fires before.

but i’m rambling a little.

a little bit of history has given the israelis dominion of the land on the west bank of the river jordan, south of the lebanon, and east of sinai.

there are some pissed off people on that land. some of those are the very people who want the death of israelis.

the israelis are protecting themselves. they’re building a wall. just like the great wall of china was to keep out the hungarians (i know what i typed), and hadrians wall was to keep the northern barbarians out. and now the new european wall is to keep out the russians. the west bank wall is to keep a people out of a place.

it is having it’s desired effect.

bombings are down.

the bombings in the cafes, the wedding receptions. the bus stops, and buses. the malls aren’t exploding anymore. well, they are exploding much less often.

for some reason, there is a large group, primarily of caucasians who say the wall is unfair. they have a list of reasons.

Two Palestinians watch the construction of the wall.

let’s evaluate some of these.

1. it’s racist:
actually, the jews and arabs come from the same group of ethnic peoples. semites. they are both semitic peoples, and speak languages which both sprang from aramaic. some will refuse to admit it, because they want no association with the other. eat me. same group of people ethnically. maybe religionist, but not racist.

2. it’s anti muslim.
maybe. there are christians there as well. i say understandably so.

3. it denies the palestinians access to hospitals.
this claim is made by the group of people who see ‘palestine’ as a state. the people of one country have no claim on the resources of another country. if palestine is indeed a state, they have to build their own hospitals. they have shitty hospitals? too bad. should have been spending money on your kids educations instead of strapping bombs to them. and if you actually claim that palestine isn’t really a country, then you cede that the west bank, and it’s citizens are actually subject to israeli rule. you may not like it. their country (israel), their laws.

4. denying them jobs?
see number three.

5. denying them movement?
see number three.

some say the wall encroaches onto palestinian land. really? palestine doesn’t exist. they want to refer to an arbitrary stopping point for tanks, in a war past, started by arabs, as a place where palestine starts.

palestine starts where israel says it does. cold hard fact.

but the single best argument FOR the wall is simple.

it works.

A finished portion of the wall, with turret

and for those who would take the chance that suicide bombings would not recommence if the wall was demolished.

how quaint for you to gamble with the lives of someone elses daughters. there haven’t been a lot of cafe’s exploding in tel aviv lately. i think the israelis plan to keep it that way.

and besides, without realizing it. i don’t think the israelis or palestinians have realized it either one.

the wall as it is being built, is actually creating paelstine. israel is making palestine a reality as we speak. we couldn’t do it. the u.n. surely couldn’t. all of the arabs together have failed numerous times.

the israelis are writing history as we sit and blog. the modern state of palestine is being born.

it’s on the other side of the wall.

1. http://www.cockeyed.com/citizen/medals/medals.html
    This has nothing to do with your post, I just wanted to bring it to your attention.

Comment by f-in_cheney — August 25, 2004 @ 2:28 am

2. In the end Israel will overcome. They are God’s people. They have had trial after trial since Egypt and Moses and will continue but in the end they will be ok. This fighting has been going on for centuries and it’s sad.
    But when it stops you know that it’s almost time.
    I’m looking forward to it.

PS. If it has nothing to do with the post then don’t f’in bring it up. I looked at it. It’s obviously a joke. It is mildly amusing but what are you ‘bringing to our attention’? This poorly laid out webpage? You want rollos? Or you want to make your own medals?
    If you’re going to ‘share a link’ please tell us exactly what about it you are sharing.
    Please don’t leave me hanging. The very essence of my life is grasping only for your next pathetic post.

Comment by rachel — August 25, 2004 @ 4:07 am

3. Hey Rachel,
    Lighten up, babe. Jesus luvs you.

Comment by f-in_cheney — August 25, 2004 @ 10:56 am

4. jesus loves you too gus.

Comment by mlah — August 25, 2004 @ 11:18 am

5. “jesus loves you too gus.”
    What is he, a fuckin fag? No, really, I’ve known Love, and I can safely say that Jesus wouldn’t be a Republican.

Rachel seemed to allude to the End Times, when Jews will all either convert or perish in a lake of fire or whatever. Should we really be basing our foreign policy on Revelations?

Comment by f-in_cheney — August 25, 2004 @ 12:47 pm

6. What do you make of this page, only one example out of many? What makes this anything but horrid?

Comment by f-in_cheney — August 25, 2004 @ 1:03 pm

7. Is the UN Relief and Works Agency a reliable source in your eyes?
    Careful: reading these might blow apart your mythical, narrow-minded, hateful conceptions.

Comment by f-in_cheney — August 25, 2004 @ 1:32 pm

8. Man, mlah, the trolls are getting bolder. Nevermind that you’ve BEEN there, that you know firsthand what you’re talking about. A moron who identifies himself by slighting a man he doesn’t know must certainly know better than you.

I particularly like that YOU have “hateful conceptions” but that “Jesus wouldn’t be a Republican”.

Comment by og — August 25, 2004 @ 1:51 pm

9. og, such is my blog.

i find it quite entertaining usually when the f-in cheney opens the great maw of propaganda. yup will no doubt chime in soon, he’s a good friend of mine and uses my blog to vent. that way he keeps in good with the wife. we have a drink once in a long while.

yeah, i love it when the denyers of religion propose that christ would advocate their party.

Comment by mlah — August 25, 2004 @ 2:01 pm

10. I can’t even read all these.. it’s like the Energizer Bunny just going and going and going and it doesn’t make any sense.

I’m not “alluding” to anything. There was nothing indirect about my reference. I in no way said our foreign policy should be based on Revelations. I don’t think I brought up our fucking foreign policy at all? Did I? Or are you doing the lib thing and putting words in my mouth?

I also think you should re-read your Bible. The end of times is not when “Jews will all either convert or perish in a lake of fire or whatever”. Since you obviously know nothing about it I’d suggest stopping before you make even more of a fool out of yourself.

The “End of Times” is for all man-kind. Not just Jews. The Israelites are God’s people and if you knew anything about Christianity and the Bible or even just watching some Veggie Tales you’d have figured that one out.

Mlah, Is this Gus fucker one of those people who think I’m mad just because I go off? Gus.. dude.. trust me when I say I don’t get mad about or at trivial ‘people’ on the internet. This is therapy for me. I show you how stupid you are. I feel better. I saved myself $200 an hour. 🙂

Comment by rachel — August 25, 2004 @ 7:06 pm

11. The sad part of all of this is that anti-semitism is still to this day running rampant in Euro trash countries, particularly Francais. Although most of the attacks have been against jews there has also been a number against arabs. As you said mlah, both are semitic peoples. If anything, they should be banding together to defeat this kind of craziness, but unfortunately, they do not.

What most people don’t understand is that the left does not hold the license on compassion. That’s why so many republicans actually care about what happens to the jews. It’s the socialist countries like La France and L’Allemagne that have allowed this problem to fester. And, again, mlah, throughout history the jews have been a hated group and used by so many as scapegoats, all the way back to the days of the Inquisition when even though jews had converted, they were still tortured and killed for their money, property, and just because they were easy targets.

The wall can be debatable but I have not heard anyone give a better idea that would be fruitful for and accepted by both sides. The homicide bombings will continue, the strikes back at the palestines will continue, and innocents will be in the crossfires. Pretty uplifting, isn’t it?!!!!

Comment by Welsh Witch — August 25, 2004 @ 9:31 pm

12. http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig/north7.html
    Jesus: “And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled” (Luke 21:20-24).
    (Zechariah 13:8, 9)– According to Zechariah’s prophecy, two thirds of the children of Israel in the land will perish, but the one third that are left will be refined and be awaiting the deliverance of God at the second coming of Christ which is described in the next chapter of Zechariah.
    In order for most of today’s Christians to escape physical death, two-thirds of the Jews in Israel must perish, soon. This is the grim prophetic trade-off that fundamentalists rarely discuss publicly, but which is the central motivation in the movement’s support for Israel. It should be clear why they believe that Israel must be defended at all costs by the West. If Israel were militarily removed from history prior to the Rapture, then the strongest case for Christians’ imminent escape from death would have to be abandoned. This would mean the indefinite delay of the Rapture.
    Sorry, Rachel, it just scares me when you say “This fighting has been going on for centuries and it’s sad.
    But when it stops you know that it’s almost time.
    I’m looking forward to it.” You’re f*cking sick.

Comment by f-in_cheney — August 26, 2004 @ 1:12 am

13. Pink Floyd is doing The Wall in Israel? I’m so lost…

Comment by Mark — August 26, 2004 @ 1:50 am

14. Guess you misread me.

When the fighting stops that would be “Peace in the middle east” which is a ‘sign of the times’ and I AM looking forward to that. I AM looking forward to the second coming of Christ where the righteous (not just JEWS but anyone who has accepted Jesus as their own personal savior) will go to heaven.
    The ones left on earth will go through absolute hell but not nearly as bad as hell. They will have 7 more years to take Jesus into their hearts and go to heaven as well.

Yes, I am looking forward to leaving this earth and going to heaven.

Lets try reading and understanding rather then pulling some verses out of the Bible or (probably) from Google to say what you want to say.
    You can’t just pull some verses out and say “BAM that’s it”.. You have to read the whole story which you obviously have not done.

I’ll tell you now, it’s pointless to argue Christianity with me. You can not change my beliefs and you can not ‘win’. I have 12 years of Bible classes under my belt and 12 more years of personal Bible studies after that.

Comment by rachel — August 26, 2004 @ 8:08 am

15. “Pink Floyd is doing The Wall in Israel? I’m so lost…”
    Everyone, sing it with me – “We don’t need no occupation, we don’t need no concrete wall…”

Comment by f-in_cheney — August 26, 2004 @ 10:31 am

16. Here, I’ll give the trolls something else to latch on to.

I’m not a very religious person but I will venture this:
    All people who kill in the name of their Deity well be going to their version of “Hell”. Killing and fighting in the name of a God that tells you not to kill seems like the worst kind of sin and sacrilege. These devoutly religious countries talk about how it a test and what have you. I think they failed a long time ago. I think the test was to suffer through the ordeal without giving up the tennets of your faith. Killing another human for any reason seems to violate one of the main points of most faiths.

Also, you all need to realize that the movie Dune was right. Religion is about population control. When My time comes I know I will go to “heaven” because I’m a good person and I’m good to others. Not because I spent a day a week in a church and most certainly not because I devoted my life to killing others in the name of *Insert your particular God here*. The beliefs themselves are noble but not the use of it disciples. You can rally anyone around a cause if you say it’s sponsor is God.

I’m sick and tired of all the major religion aside from Buddism. You don’t see any Buddist fanatics. We should all be Buddist. It seems to be the only untainted religion at this point.

Comment by Sean — August 26, 2004 @ 3:17 pm

17. I’m with you, Sean. Buddhism is cool.

Comment by f-in_cheney — August 27, 2004 @ 3:04 am

18. ummm…..anybody ever take a close look at the Tibetan diaspora and the beliefs as practiced in Tibet proper? No fanatics? Please!

Comment by yup — August 27, 2004 @ 7:33 am

19. Okay… How dangerous to others are buddhist fanatics? How many wars or genocides have been in the name of Buddha? How often do you see an army of Buddhists invading another land and claiming they will win because Buddha is on their side?

Do you see hundreds of chinese soldiers dying at the hands of Tibetians?

If this is happening please post links because that would totally destroy my belief that there might be something in the world that isn’t bent on destruction.

Comment by Sean — September 1, 2004 @ 4:39 pm

20. Hint: check out the religious differences between the Dalai Lama’s people and the Shugden sect. Check out the social structure of pre-1959 Tibet, and the actions carried out by the government/ruling class in the name of their religious (hence divine right to rule) strictures. Ask the Chinese whether they have been harmed by the Buddhists in Tibet, Qinghai and elsewhere (since we all have our moral reletivism on ‘active’ mode). Are we in danger of being invaded by them today? Only if Richard Gere has his way. But still, not so lilly white as you seem to think.

Comment by yup — September 4, 2004 @ 11:08 am

21. Hint: check out the religious differences between the Dalai Lama’s people and the Shugden sect. Check out the social structure of pre-1959 Tibet, and the actions carried out by the government/ruling class in the name of their religious (hence divine right to rule) strictures. Ask the Chinese whether they have been harmed by the Buddhists in Tibet, Qinghai and elsewhere (since we all have our moral reletivism on ‘active’ mode). Are we in danger of being invaded by them today? Only if Richard Gere has his way. But still, not so lilly white as you seem to think.

Comment by yup — September 4, 2004 @ 11:08 am