June 29, 2004

Dodegball

Filed under: Misc — mlah @ 11:10 pm

Girl Scouts kick ass in Dodgeball

many things today.

unfahrenheit 911. i refuse to give him any of my money. most revealing thing i’ve seen come of that thing is the fact that he had evidence of the abu ghraib prison abuses, and sat on them. he wanted them first shown in his film. so instead of helping those abused prisoners, he choose to let them suffer for the benefit of his show, and through that, his own pocket.

dodgeball

i went to see the show.

the movie is good. it tried to be very old school. couldn’t quite pull that off, but it was still a funny show.

real dodgeball. i just watched ‘extreme dodgeball’ on the ‘game show network’ GSN. they really play dodgeball. adults.

no headshots allowed though :(.

chien and i immediately started forming a team. we are seriously going to look into trying to get on that show.

i’ll keep y’all posted.

now. seems my little story about power drinking inspired a few comments i did not anticipate. i’d like to address them formally.

for those of you who have not read the story, i basically recalled some strategies i used in college to get girls liquored up enough to put the moves on them.

one commenter is under the impression i committed ‘date rape’. even went so far as to suggest i had a young lady chained in my basement. or that i should use a love doll.

pretty rough for what i considered a humorous story about giving a heads up to a couple of 18 year old friends. i wanted them to go to these parties with some decent intel.

first, my commenter ‘D0lly’ states that i was trying to ‘make up’ for it now. NO. making up for it now would require that i feel like i have something to make up for. i do not. my conscious is clear.

second, as i stated in the comments. there is a HUGE glaring double standard in our laws which will no doubt be addressed soon enough.

if a guy is drunk and commits a crime. he is not allowed to plead drunkeness as an excuse. alcohol does not absolve you for your actions.

for some strange reason. certain people seem to think that if a young lady has had 2 or more drinks (approx), she is no longer capable of giving consent to sex.

unless she is passed out, or incoherent she is just as culpable for her decisions as i am for mine. and just as able to consent as drunk men are.

i’ve got a newsflash for some of y’all. men and women are equal. if men are culpable for their actions, irrespective of their sobriety, so are women.

do you really think men are going to have a breathalizer for girls we pick up? yeah, we have breathalizers all right.

and by the by. if i am drunk, and a girl i sleep with isn’t, did she ‘date rape’ me?

that being said.

i’ve got this freind, i like to call her rachael, who has a little brother. and he’s a virgin. and well of age.

little brother has this new little girlfriend who is reportedly quite attractive, and is very aggressively trying to seduce little brother.

i have absolutely no idea why he isn’t putting out for her. yeah, i’ve never heard of anything like this actually happening either.

she’s having a few friends over thursday. we’ve got a secret mission. we’re getting lil bro liquored up.

so he’ll put out.

but to absolve d0lly’s conscience, i promise i’ll not help her in any other way. except of course to throw the ready whip into the bedroom.

1. I don’t remember any Abu Ghraib footage in “F 9-11”. Are you sure it’s there? Methinks you might be full of caca.
    “(The film debuted at Cannes before the Iraqi prisoner scandal hit, and the word has been that Moore would update the film with some of the Abu Ghraib material. But it didn’t happen, and the film as released in this country is actually five minutes shorter than the Cannes version.)”

Comment by f-in_cheney — June 30, 2004 @ 3:18 am

2. f-in, here is a link to educate you. All you need to read is the first two paragraphs, or more if you like. It’s not specifically Abu Ghraib, but he did have evidence. That makes him an accessory to the crimes committed.

Moore ‘struggled with the decision’? What kinda caca is that? Only Grade-A, #1 Lefty caca.

Comment by RojoXia — June 30, 2004 @ 6:51 am

3. RojoXia,
    Perhaps you didn’t get the memo from the owner of this webblog, but sfgate.com is not a valid source for news, as it’s really only “opinion”.
    All kidding aside, I was merely arguing that it’s not from Abu Ghraib, as Mlah so boldly claimed (“boldly claim first, ask [or rather, avoid] questions later” seems to have trickled down from the Bushites to here).
    If MMoore is indeed an “accessory to the crimes”, wow, I’d pay to be in the front row of that trial, I’m sure it’ll be hilarious. But something tells me it won’t quite get that far.

Comment by f_in-cheney — June 30, 2004 @ 9:33 am

4. On a less serious note, I agree that Dodgeball was frickin hilarious. Why didn’t you and Mr. Chien tell me about putting together a team? I’m all over that. Also, I’m not going to pay money to see some fat dude make fun of the President for an hour and a half. That doesn’t really strike me as entertainment. What’s the word I’m looking for?

….. Oh yeah, treason.

Comment by medium john — June 30, 2004 @ 2:47 pm

5. “F-9/11” doesn’t go for yuks most of the time, unlike MM’s earlier works. In fact, the scenes with the dead soldier’s mom are excruciatingly painful, the most intense thing I’ve seen on the screen in years. Nor does it feature the fat dude most of the time. It’s no more treasonous than Rush slamming Clinton over the airwaves for 8 years, which was probably okey-dokey with you. Get a grip! I’ve seen it once, but I’ll have to see it again to make up for your absence.

Comment by f-in_cheney — June 30, 2004 @ 5:43 pm

6. doesn’t go for yuks? did he ever? oh, maybe when you were laughing along, everyone else, with any self respect was laughing AT him.

rush called the president names. michael moor is getting soldiers killed. that’s treasonous. rush isn’t prolonging the war. rush isn’t hoping for moor u.s. deaths. the guy’s an asshat. no two ways about it.

Comment by mlah — June 30, 2004 @ 10:34 pm

7. Haha, asshat. That’s a funny word.

Comment by medium john — June 30, 2004 @ 11:10 pm

8. Tell me how MM is causing soldiers’ deaths! This I have got to hear…
    The basic feeling the new film left with me was that any soldier’s death in Iraq is absolutely unacceptable, given its shaky foundation.
    You are sooooo talking out of your asshat, buddy boy. He loves those kids at least as much as you do. (If you don’t believe me, go see the movie!)

Comment by f-in_cheney — July 1, 2004 @ 3:02 am

9. Here’s something funny for you Mlah…

Comment by Melissa — July 3, 2004 @ 10:46 am

10. heh. heh-heh. ah. heh. hey Bevis, it’s, like, a pig. heh-heh.

Comment by Butthead — July 3, 2004 @ 6:14 pm

11. yes, it IS a pig. isn’t it!

Comment by mlah — July 3, 2004 @ 11:50 pm

12. I will reserve judgement on the movie until I have actually seen it. It’s not possible to listen to the news or read stuff on the web that isn’t biased one way or the other. The only thing I hate at this point is that when CNN senstionalizes something it’s just gobbled up. Moore epxressed his opinion (and he states that it’s his opinion clearly in the movie based on what people who have actually seen it have told me) and he get’s shit on. Every person from the US that I have spoken to about Moore hates the guy… yet upon opening to american (box office place #2) theatres he grossed just below what the number one movie (White Chicks) grossed… and he was open in only a third of the theatres. You guys hate him? Why are you tossing your money at him?

I recommend watching it before condemning him, like all “criminals” he needs to be presumed innocent and proven guilty. Don’t give him your money though. Wait for a copy to be available and download it.

Comment by Sean!!! — July 5, 2004 @ 12:11 am

13. everybody had abu gharib info before the govt admitted it. it came from a study done by the international red cross in like november of last year. i knew about it then, the information was public. i tried to tell people, nobody believed me. the people that did belive that it was happening, also thought we should be doing whatever we want to those people. so the information is out there, just because you didnt read the report doesnt mean it wasnt out in public.

michael moore isnt ‘causing deaths’ – what the hell are you talking about? if you argue against protestors, claiming that they are against troops, then simply put, you are ignorant. there isnt a single person, NOT ONE, that doesnt want the troops to come home safe. the argument is clear, there is one group of people that want to send more troops, directly causing more deaths. This is president bush’s group. another group wants to bring all troops home now, thus preventing all deaths. this is the rational group. please, take a course in logic before more turds fall out of your mouth

Comment by mattmonnin — July 12, 2004 @ 5:37 pm

14. look past today.

leaving iraq now, as you call rational is moronic, and will lead to more american deaths…. here.

staying there, and letting our soldiers fight results in a lower number of deaths for us in the long run. it’s like an innoculation dude. little pain now, lot of good later.

mikey moor is an asshat who is providing succour to the enemy. you talking smack is dissent, and hey, more power to ya. a major media mogul producing films telling the enemy how to hurt us us is treason, and leads to u.s. soldier deaths.

he should be dropped off in the middle of fallujah, with all of his buddies.

Comment by mlah — July 12, 2004 @ 9:47 pm