June 24, 2004

Destroying Camelot

This is actually a castle in Ireland

what an interesting thought.

after the knights of the round table rid the countryside of evil, they set up paradise, headquartered in camelot.

at camelot each person had an equal voice, and could be heard.

but after camelot was achieved, an evil knight, protected by virtue of his relationship to king arthur, brought about the destruction of camelot from within. he claimed that the very system created by the arthurian knights was elitist and unfair.

just who is trying to destroy the united states from within? the liberals. i like to call them cancer.

1. An incredibly accurate analogy. Thanks.

Comment by og — June 24, 2004 @ 11:05 pm

2. what an interesting way to look at that – – very good 🙂

Comment by Uptown Girl — June 24, 2004 @ 11:56 pm

3. i don’t get it. at Camelot, each rich, land-owning crony had an equal voice, but not the populus. and their morals collapsed into decadence before Mordred even showed up.
    analogies might not be your forte.
    when was the American Camelot? when blacks and women were in their places? before the regulation of labor (children, hours per day, days per week),
    captialism (robber barons), the environment, etc?
    usually when Camelot is brought up in the context of US politics, it refers to Jack & Jackie.

Comment by nixon — June 25, 2004 @ 3:11 am

4. Word.

Comment by medium john — June 25, 2004 @ 10:23 pm

5. will dick, in actuality, that’s just what you’re liberal slave owners say for you to believe, and you do. what really transpires is that the liberal masters refer to camelot to try and lay stake to the u.s. government. much like mordred claimed the throne of britain.

Comment by mlah — June 25, 2004 @ 10:39 pm

6. hey, it’s your military-industrial-corporate “masters” and their henchmen who currently own all 3 branches of gov’t. who cares about the people? what do I think this is, a democracy or something?!

Comment by f-in_cheney — June 26, 2004 @ 1:16 am

7. Nice jab there, Gus. Next time I see the Vice President, I will be sure to let him know how disappointed I am in his use of language on the Senate floor. I think ‘bugger off’ would have been more appropriate….. Gus, your rhetoric sounds more and more leftist; were you born on a comune? Did you imbibe the Communist Manifesto with your mother’s milk? The evil military-industrial bogey man of the 1960s…updated of course to include corporate (gotta include those Enron creeps) bad guys. It’s a vast right wing conspiracy aimed at taking away your right to vote! And force you to earn only minimum wage! Never mind that the so-called robber barons set up many charitable institutions which have been invaluable to our society. The JFK ‘paradise’ of a marriage was a sham, pal; Jackie-O got a million bucks for ignoring John Boy’s philandering. Great example of the propaganda machine at work. (Or was that brought to us by the evil military-industrial complex, too?) Too bad I gotta miss all the banter this week. I’ll be kickin’ back at Duke’s Canoe Club for a while. Ta!

Comment by yup — June 26, 2004 @ 11:44 pm

8. My MY. Civil War again. Will you guys ever love each other or what?

We are all in this together, fair Knights. 9/11 united us. We are a Nation and we should stick to gether. This Political Polarization, I believe, is destroying our country.

After November, will you still hate the other side? I think the Schwarzenegger ‘Pardigm’ is working quite well……….but it wouldn’t have if Arnold had not pledged to bring us together.

Comment by Peach — June 27, 2004 @ 8:09 pm

9. Yup, was Ike a communist? No, he was a Republican. If you deny the existence of the military-industrial complex, pulling every possible string to keep perpetuating and enlarging itself, then, my man, you are clearly not paying attention, you are willfully blind (perhaps they pay your salary).
    Peach, 9-11 did unite us (and even France! “Nous sommes tous americains”) for a while. Then W & Co. insisted on bringing Iraq into the equation, and now I am afraid to travel abroad.

Comment by poor rush — June 28, 2004 @ 1:08 pm

10. Hi Peach. Civil war? Nope, just a nice, polite discussion of our political differences. Notwithstanding the VP’s comments in the Senate the other day, we’ve finally decided to be civil to each other. Big progress, no?

Wasn’t Ah-nold preceeded by that wrestler dude Jesse Ventura? He tried to do the nonpartisan thing, and ended up not getting any support from either of the major parties. Maybe he should have made more movies before entering politics. Navy SEALs, baby!

Gus, I interrupted my Mai Tai hour to post my comments today. You should feel privileged. Aloha!

Comment by yup — June 28, 2004 @ 6:04 pm

11. yup, don’t you dare waste valuable mai tai time for this non sense, although i do feel privileged.

get on the beach. NOW!

Comment by mlah — June 28, 2004 @ 9:38 pm

12. Yup:
    Oh, I dunno………Seems like Ah-Nold is not doing bad. He is getting more done and is getting more cooperation than Ol’ Jesse.

Maybe because people just loved the Terminator….oh well…you know you can’t keep Hollywood out of the Government( e.g.remember Reagan?).

p.s. I like the ‘Schwarz’ better than Jesse……….

Comment by Peach — June 28, 2004 @ 10:37 pm